How to Port Airtel to Jio Mobile Number, Hello Dear Readers In this post You will check about How to Port Airtel to Jio Mobile Number in 2021, You must first know that porting is a process by which you will move to the new network while retaining your existing number.
It’s the same with your mobile connection. If you are having a hard time with your current connection, you can simply move to a better mobile connection sitting at your home. In this blog, we will tell you how you can port your number from your current connection to anyone you like.
How to Port Airtel to Jio Mobile Number
While making a portability request using the MNP service, an existing SIM card connection must be used for more than 90 days before a user can apply for mobile number portability.
If the number has recently been ported to the current telecom network the request will not be processed
What documents are needed for the porting process?
1. Address proof- For porting the number from Airtel to Jio then users will need an address proof which can be any one of the following.
- Aadhar Card/Pan Card/Voter ID/Driving Licence
- A passport size photograph will also be needed for porting.
How to port your Airtel number to Jio number
simply send the following SMS to 1900.
Eg. PORT 09876****
Once you send the above SMS to 1900, you will receive an SMS back from 1901 with your unique porting code. Keep that code safe as it will help you in the process of porting.
- To begin the process of porting your SIM from Airtel to Jio network, first send an SMS to 1900 from the Airtel number which you will like to port to Jio typing in the message <PORT<space><your 10-digit mobile number>.
- In some time, you will receive an SMS from the existing network provider giving you the UPC code (Universal Product Code) along with the expiry details.
- Next, visit the app store and download the MyJio App. Open the app and generate a Jio coupon code.
- Visit any Reliance Jio/Digital/ Dx mini retail store near you carrying your smartphone, UPC code, and Jio coupon code.
- You need to produce an address proof like Aadhaar Card. If your Aadhaar card does not have the local address, you need to carry any other valid address proof. You will also need to produce any approved identity proof. Also carry two passport size photographs.
- Upon your request, the personnel at the Reliance or Jio store will activate your Jio connection through the eKYC process.
- If you are an Airtel postpaid subscriber, you must settle all the outstanding dues with Airtel before initiating the porting process.
- Now your Airtel mobile number porting to Jio network will happen within seven working days. During this interim period, you can continue to use the services of Airtel without any interruptions.
How can I port my Airtel SIM to Jio?
To begin the process of porting your SIM from Airtel to Jio network, first send an SMS to 1900 from the Airtel number which you will like to port to Jio typing in the message <PORT<space><your 10-digit mobile number>
How much it cost to port Airtel to Jio?
You may be required to pay up to Rs. 19 for porting to Jio.
Is Airtel cheaper than Jio?
Jio’s prepaid plans are relatively cheaper than Airtel’s and Vi’s. However, the 3GB daily data plan from Vi is more pocket-friendly than Jio.
What is the cost of porting to Jio?
The Reliance Jio Postpaid plans start at Rs 199. You will pay Rs 6.46 as the porting fees, every time you wish to port your mobile number to another network.
Also, Check This Related Post:
I hope you like this post so please share it on your social media handles & Friends. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get new updates related to the posts, Thanks for reading this article till the end.