Pin Code, Hello Dear Readers in this Article You get to know about How to Know the Pin Code of Any Location | Find Pin Code, popularly known as the PIN code, refers to a six-digit numeric code in the Indian postal system by India post.
Pin code is a 6 digit long number used to identify post offices in India with a number. PIN or Pincode is the abbreviation of the Postal Index Number used by the Indian postal department.
This system of coding the postal address was introduced way back in 1972 by Shriram Bhikaji Velankar, who was the then additional secretary in the Union Ministry of Communications.
How to Know Pin Code of Any Location | Find Pin Code
In India Pin Code was first introduced on 15 August 1972. There is a specific reason for the introduction of the Postal Index Number system. India is a very big country with a total of 36 states(states+UT). You can find places with the same name all over India.
You can also find out taluk and how post offices are connected with one another.
The ISO 3166 code is IN and the calling code of India is +91. New Delhi is the capital of India and Mumbai is the largest city of India.
How to find the pin code of your location:
- Step 1: First, you have to search for “find my pin code” on Google.
- Step 2: Then, we have to click the first search result, i.e, find pin code-India post. (www.indiapost.gov.in)
- Step 3: The page will open and then, fill up the field. For example, state/union territory: Uttar Pradesh, City/District: Ghaziabad or you can fill the post office name also if you don’t know the city/district.
- Step 4: After filling in the required fields, enter the characters which are displayed in the image and click on “search”
- Step 5: The matched results will be shown below by giving all pin codes of that location.
What is a PIN Code?
In India, the PIN is an acronym of Postal Index Number. Not to be confused with the personal identification number referred to as a ‘PIN’ in other countries, PIN codes in India are six digits long and communicate postal/address information.
There are currently nine coastal zones in India, comprising eight regional zones and one functional zone reserved for military use.
PIN-code system in India was to help the postal departmental staff in manually sorting and delivering the mail to the accurate address and thus eliminating the confusion over similar place names, incorrect addresses, different languages used by the public.
Disclaimer: We have sourced the PIN code of all the regions and respective postal data from India Post. Efforts have been made to collect and provide accurate data about postal services, circles, divisions, postal code, zip code, and so on, but we will not guarantee error-free data.
Find Pin Code | Pin code list (FAQ):
What is my 6 digit PIN code?
Postal Index Number (PIN) or PIN Code is a 6 digit code of Post Office numbering used by India Post.
How do I find my PIN code?
- The first digit indicates: northern region = 1.
- The first 2 digits indicate: postal circle Delhi = 11.
- The third digit indicates: sorting district = 0.
- The last 3 digits indicate: the specific post office (Connaught Place) = 001.
What is PIN code ?
Is PIN code and zip code the same?
PIN code stands for Postal Index Number code. Also known as Zip code or area postal code, Pin code is the post office numbering code system used by the postal service of India, India Post.
Also, Check This Related Post:
If you’ve any thoughts on the How to Know Pin Code of Any Location | Find Pin Code, then feel free to drop them in the below comment box. Keep visiting our website: Techbiote for new updates.
I hope you like this post so please share it on your social media handles & Friends. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get new updates related to the posts, Thanks for reading this article till the end.